3.05.2011

not "following Jesus" might just be "following Jesus."

My single most heavy desire is that you would walk with and follow after Jesus.

The crazy thing that I have been realizing is that "following Jesus" is really relative to where Jesus has you at that very moment. I am realizing that sometimes the "not following Jesus" is part of Jesus' plan (even though it feels like ours) to get us to a place where we can "follow Jesus".

Dang, this has got my head spinning. It's not for me to know who is and who isn't "following Jesus;" it is my role to walk with and love on people. 


Now I admit that part of walking with people is encouraging them along the way I think they should go, but I also must admit that if they completely ignore me and go the opposite way that that may be God's exact plan and that if they would have followed my advice in the first place they might have ended up wiser but less knowing and trusting Christ.

So, I love you guys and am praying that God would continue the work that he has begun in you!

ty

1 comment: